Here I am, surrounded by 4 dogs. My daughter just fell asleep and I try to decide either to write or to take a nap. It is one of those days when you feel that no one actually likes what you write, one of those days when you understand people actually don’t have time to read, a day that you think that a Stay at Home Mom is not a real job!
Sometimes my husband comes home and asks me about my day and I say, “Oh I did nothing much!”, and start telling him about the cutest things our daughter did throughout the day.
I feel I did nothing much because I used to work with tens or sometimes hundreds of kids and now taking care of only one feels like it’s ‘not good enough’. I say “nothing much” because I don’t have important meetings with writers, illustrators or event planners or graphic designers or artists or world changers etc, etc. “Nothing much” because it is random daily stuff I do: feed, change diapers, play, educate, clean, cook and in the middle of all this I try to find some time for writing.
Sometimes it feels that no matter how hard we try it’s not good enough. It is this idea inside our heads that by doing ‘big things’ is the way appreciate ourselves.
Mother Teresa says: Love begins at home and it is not how much we do but how much love we put in that action.
Yes, taking care of my daughter is the greatest and the most important thing for me to do, in order to help the world to be a better place. I give her love and I teach her kindness and I read to her and we have fun and… oh, I love that I’m so privileged to do this.
I am so privileged that no matter how hard it gets sometimes in the end of the day I feel loved because I was faithful in these little things I’m doing.
I feel privileged that my meetings are between me and this little girl that I always dreamed to have as my daughter. I don’t have a lot of money or a lot of people reading my writings, I’m not publishing any books for children but I’m living my Big Dream! I’m helping my daughter to write the Book of her Life!
I want to encourage you too, if you feel you are not doing what your highest call is, think twice! Maybe you are living it!
© Ledia Bostic
Alina, 3 months old
1. Never give up being kind even when others hurt you. Nothing hurts more than a bitter heart.
2. Never give up smiling even with no reason. Nothing is more reasonable than smiling just by looking at yourself in the mirror. You have one more day to live fully!
3. Never give up your dream even when things get hard. Nothing is harder than doing something you don’t like for the rest of your life.
4. Never give up giving even when you’re poor. Nothing is more poor that someone who thinks that can’t give anything to others.
5. Never give up believing even when it seems that there’s no way. Sometimes a new way opens by a small miracle.
Sometimes we keep going even in a thick dark forest because there is this light that leads us… It’s not big but it’s bright, bright enough for us to see ahead. There will always be a light of encouragement and a hand of a friend to help you, just keep going…